Exciting PhD Opportunity in Cutting-Edge Quantum Research! 🌟
Unlock the Future of Quantum Research! 🌟
Are you ready to embark on a groundbreaking journey in quantum systems? An extraordinary PhD opportunity awaits, delving into uncharted territories at the intersection of applied and fundamental sciences. Join our dynamic team as we push the boundaries of knowledge and work towards developing a revolutionary radio-frequency signal detection scheme.
In this high-risk-high-gain project, we aim to redefine signal detection using free electrons as detectors and laser-cooled ions for information read-out. Within a quantum mechanically coupled system housed in a special ion trap, we will create an efficient and tunable detector capable of detecting single photons of electromagnetic radiation. This device, initiating itself without special state preparation steps, is not only robust but also remarkably simple. Information read-out will be accomplished through a fiber-based optical cavity. Additionally, the project includes working on planar trapping technology from scratch, involving the development of circuit board materials.
- Develop an efficient and tunable radio-frequency signal detector using trapped electrons and laser-cooled ions.
- Work on planar trapping technology from scratch, including the development of circuit board materials.
- Deepen our quantum-mechanical understanding of the coupled system to uncover avenues for obtaining additional signal information.
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with the following qualifications:
- Advanced programming skills for developing standalone programs, not just simple scriptwriting.
- Proficiency in languages such as C++, Python, and adaptability to other languages as needed.
- Practical experience in designing and implementing complex software solutions and a knack for creating efficient and scalable code.
- Familiarity with automation and electronics design.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Skills in using lasers, CAD (Computer-Aided Design), and knowledge of vacuum technology.
- A master’s degree in quantum optics, quantum chemistry, or plasma physics.
Note: While these qualifications are preferred, we encourage candidates with a genuine interest and a willingness to learn. If you’re passionate about the project and believe you can contribute, we welcome your application.
This project is generously funded for a duration of three years, with an additional fourth year secured by the department. The net income, including stipends, is approximately 29 000 CZK per month (approx. 1180 EUR). Please note that accommodation costs (approx. 6000 CZK in a campus) are not covered.
Join our collaborative team, where young theoreticians and experimentalists synergize to significantly advance our understanding of this unparalleled quantum system. This is your chance to contribute to groundbreaking research that has never been realized before.
Application Process 2024/2025
Application Deadline: March 31, 2024
Entrance Examination Dates: June 17 and 18, 2024
Start of Studies: October 2024
Charge for an Online Application: 1500 CZK
How to Apply
If you’re ready to shape the future of quantum research, send your CV, cover letter, and academic transcripts to the PI. Be prepared to embark on an extraordinary journey of discovery and innovation.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be a part of something extraordinary! 🚀